Sunday, April 5, 2009

kiss me out of desire babe, and not consolation

I reward myself with clothes. Clothes and outfits. For example, if I am anticipating a particularly tough day at work, with yard duty and meetings and no breaks, I'll make sure to wear something that makes me smile, despite the sidelong glances from the Year 7 kids. Once, I wore a black tutu. Yes, tutu! It was however, suitably conservative-ised with a sensible shirt and leggings, but that's just an example of how I'll wear things to make myself feel good and not give a hoot for what people think.
One brazen little girl in Year 7 had the balls to say "um, Miss? You know those pants? Um.......they're really weird." My response? "Why thank-you!"

Okay, so, since Friday was the last day of term and all, it was the perfect excuse for another outfit reward. After all, I had survived my first term as a bona fide teacher so thought I'd wear my new shoes to celebrate. Aside from the numerous widening of the eyes, they elicited some approving comments and were ridiculously comfortable! I paired them with my new pants that were the perfect length to show them off. The blouse is too pretty, don't you think? Wasn't able to wear the peach blazer since Melbourne weather went mental again....sweaty-hot in the morning before a downpour in the afternoon.








shoes: Aldo, blouse: Salvos, blazer: Salvos, button: old shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!