Monday, August 17, 2009

Cough Cough

Blerghhhh! I have been sick now for about 5 days and boy oh boy, does it suck! It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it really hits me. I've always had problems with my throat/tonsils and invariably, that's where it always begins. I've gone through 2 boxes of tissues and almost a whole packet of antibiotics. Worst timing, as I was about to begin some good stuff with my Year 7 and Year 10 students....lot of working waiting for me!
Oh, and top it all off, we got robbed :( I know, I know......really horrible. It's hard to understand the feeling of disgust and of being violated until it's happened to you. I was at work and hubby called asking where his laptop was and then we both realised what had happened.
A list of the items:
• Hubby's laptop - full of thousands (upwards of 10,000) of songs he uses for DJ gigs, poems, lyrics, recorded tracks, mixtapes, demo tracks, photos, memories, all of my wedding folder etc - GONE!
• The external hard-drive - Hubbby backed all of the above onto this to insure again losing it all in case the computer crashed. Didn't think it would get stolen, thus negating it's usefulness!
• His Nike high-tops. I know! How pathetic! Let's hope they're nowhere near a size 13-14 shoe.
• Playstation 3 that belonged to hubby's brother. He's in the Cook Islands at the moment, so he was a bit gutted.
• Portable Playstation (PSP).....it was hidden behind a desk and stacks of CD's. Very strange that they found it.

The weirdest part of it all is that brother-in-law's Mac was sitting on his desk and was untouched! It's not working at the moment and the only reason you would leave it behind is if you knew that.....so police think it's someone we know. Ugh.
Anyways, on a brighter note, I got a new car! Wooooo hooooooooo!! Old one had a cracked windscreen ( the whole width of the glass), hand-brake wasn't working, side mirror gone, etc. My new beautiful Holden Vectra goes like a dream! I love the colour too, not quite gold, not quite silver.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!