Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last Post 2009


Oooohh, that sounds awfully final doesn't it? I suppose it is though, saying goodbye to a year that was insanely similar to a rollercoaster ride and saying hello to another decade which I know will be worlds different from my last 10 years.

The past decade has been incredible. All my years of highschool were survived from 1999-2004, university from 2005-2008 and married in that last year of uni on the 5th of July. 2009 was that first year of teaching and marriage that will never be surpassed in its levels of anxiety and elation and now, hello to the rest of my life! Those milestones have been passed, but hopefully there are many more to come.
I love getting all retrospective, don't you? Although never without a twinge of sadness, as I get nostalgic at the best times, let alone on such an occasion as the end of a decade.

It's surprised me how many friends I have made and lost in this past year, as I've always been adamant that the friends I had, I would keep forever. How naive! It's also surprised me how grown-up I can be if I have to, and how much people can change.

It's also the first year I've become fearless ( to me ) in my style and clothing choices and as husband always remarks when seeing old photos "Oh wow, back when you dressed normal." :)
2009 was the year that I cemented who I am and who I want to be, the year of reckoning in so many ways. So adieu, aufwiedersen and bonjour 2010!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!