Thursday, December 10, 2009

Life of Pi

Winner of the Man Book Prize you say? Seven million copies sold, you say? I say, I must read! If only purely out of curiosity, to experience for myself what others have deemed so worthy of such acclaim. I am 13 pages in, and so far, the style and perhaps genre reminds me of Carlos Ruiz Zafon.

Speaking of books, Nikki Gemmell is one amazing writer. I picked up her book, flicking through it absent-mindedly at Borders, and I had to walk to a seat with my eyes never leaving the page.
The way she says things just resonates with me in a really unexpected but strangely satisfying way. Her sentences almost make me gasp and I feel like that's the way I would have said it, if I ever had a chance. Or, that's the way I wish I would have said it, if only I could write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!